Wednesday, August 1, 2007

Back in '82, I used to be able to throw a pigskin a quarter mile.


Ok so here is the funniest look-alike photo I will probably ever post. Take a look at my dad vs. Uncle Rico from Napoleon Dynamite! HA freaking ha! Dad looks like he's about to go sell tupperware around the neighborhood or buy a time travel machine online. He just needs that white ascot shirt Uncle Rico sported throughout most of the movie. I love it. Here are some great Uncle Rico quotes to go along with the photo....

Uncle Rico: Poor kid. I've been takin' care of him while his grandma's in the hospital. He still wets the bed and everything.
Ilene: You're kidding.
Uncle Rico: Yeah, he's a tender little guy. He still gets beat up and what-not.
Uncle Rico: Anyway uh... so we still feelin' pretty good about this, uh, 32-piece set, here?

Uncle Rico: We also need some way to make us look official, like we got all the answers.
Kip: How bout some gold bracelets?
Uncle Rico: We need like some name tags with our picture on it, all laminated and what not. I mean, we gotta look legit man.
Kip: That's true, that's true.

Napoleon Dynamite: [using time machine] Ow! Ow! Ow! It kills! My pack! Ow! Turn it off! It's a piece of crap and it doesn't work!
Uncle Rico: I coulda told you that.

Ahhhh. Good stuff. Napoleon Dynamite is one of those movies that you watch once and think, "That wasn't even funny." But then the more you watch it, the funnier it becomes. Oh and dad, love the hair. Very 1980.

Speaking of movies, me and Stu watched Zodiac last night and it was freaking scary. Not in the gory horror film way with over the top death scenes and make-believe creatures that hunt people down and rip their heads off (Jeepers Creepers 2, anyone?). But in a these-events-actually-occurred-and-this-junk-is-serious type way. Watching the death scenes in this movie was way more creepy to me than The Ring or Poltergeist because that stuff simply doesn't happen... unless your taking recreational drugs. But the movie itself was really interesting. You learn that they pretty much know who the Zodiac was and you learn why he was never officially arrested. Plus, Me likee Mark Ruffalo and Jake Gyllenhaal. I give it 3 out of 4 Slim Fasts.

Lu-sing Weight
Breaking news! Today was the 1st day I could tell a difference in my clothes. I am wearing this really cute orange striped top from the Gapicle today and before, I didn't enjoy the way it gently hugged the FUPA*. But today, the FUPA has diminished somewhat and there is less for the shirt to snuggle with! So that's very exciting! Here's my little weight loss ticker thing to illustrate my success!




*Please see my 7/13 post for a FUPA explanation.

1 comment:

Nic said...

omg that pic is priceless. you dad is still hot, haa