Wednesday, August 15, 2007

Happy Birthday, Mom

Today is my mom's would be 53rd birthday so my heart's a little heavy. It's hard to imagine what it's like to lose a parent until you do and then the strangest thing happens: life goes on. You don't think it will, but it does. And that kind of makes you a little more sad, because a world without your mom is a world no one wants to live in. I try to remember the good stuff and laugh, but on days like today it's hard to pretend that I'm not a little less complete and wanting nothing more than to go to Marshall's and find her rummaging through the housewares section for knick knacks. If mom were here I would have gotten her a cute bag or outfit, or maybe even some jewelry, yellow gold, of course. Instead, this year I am going to take that money that I would have spent on her gift and donate to Light the Night. I hope she likes it. :) If you feel so inclined to get her a bday gift too, you can do so here. (http://www.active.com/donate/ltnAtlant/2069_kirklin82)

No comments: