Tuesday, August 21, 2007

That Ain't in the Playbook, But It Should Be

Well, it's off to Minneapolis for some training and schmoozing with the Allianz big wigs. I hope I at least look like I know what I am doing. I think I fooled everyone yesterday, but I haven't had to get on the phone with an agent yet so we'll see. Want to know what new element to my job that has been giving me the most trouble? The freaking headphone receiver. All the sales people at my company have those wireless headsets so they can walk around the office and stay on the phone. Since I have been in the support role ever since I got there, I never had a need to have the wireless headset. I can't tell you how many times yesterday I was on the phone and I shut it off by accident, or the battery pack fell off it's clip, etc. You would think I would be struggling with all the new product information, but alas, I can't get the headset concept down!

Me no likee Mikey V. For some reason, I have been hoping all this stuff surrounding Mike Vick was false, or just that it was his friends/minions who were the true a-holes, but no, I was giving him too much cred. I don't know why I was feeling sorry for him and giving him the benefit of the doubt. I mean, you really shouldn't feel sorry for anyone who gets 22 million just in a signing bonus for their career. And you sure as heck shouldn't feel sorry for someone who murders dogs in the most archaic of ways simply because they don't fight hard enough for their crazy *ss. It looks like he is facing somewhere between 16 - 36 months. I hope he gets the full 36. I also hope the NFL kicks him out and that the Falcons sue him for his signing bonus. Maybe we can take that money and get someone who is not only good, but who also doesn't go by Ron Mexico when giving hood rats STD's, or bring water bottles with secret weed-fragrant compartments in them, or give us the finger! Let's lose the thuggish-ruggish. I'm over it.

Lu-sing Weight
This morning is my weigh-in at the doctor. But you peeps have to wait a week to hear the results since my flight leaves today around 5:30pm. Bwah ha ha!!!

No comments: