Tuesday, August 28, 2007

Travellin' (wo)Man



Well, I'm finally back. I didn't think I'd ever get back here but here I am. Traveling to and from Minneapolis was an absoulute NIGHTMARE. Firstly, when we tried to land in Minneapolis, the President was also trying to land so sair traffic held off ALL COMMERCIAL LANDINGS. So after circling the airport for an hour, they rerouted us to Rochester, MN to refuel. Long story short, we sat there for 2 1/2 hours until we were finally back in Minneapolis. we touched down 3 hours after we should have landed. The trip back was even worse! They cancelled our 1:43 pm flight out of Minneapolis due to some mechanical problem and we didn't get another flight out until 7:00 that night. So we sat at the airport for over 7 hours! You should see our expense reports! Nothing but Chili's Airport booze from 1:00-7:00pm! Ha!

In between these terrible journey's, the Allianz part was great. I got alot of product training and alot of free alcohol. And before you make fun of me, we were required to wear Hawaiian shirts and that little diddy that I am wearing in those pics is a $3 Goodwill purchase. It is also the best mom/teacher shirt to ever have in your collection.

Kiawah and Charleston was also fun. I ended up having to stay the night in a hotel right outside of the airport and then flew into Charleston the next day. The original plan was for me to meet Stu and his parents at the airport around 5:30 (when my cancelled flight would have been arriving) and then drive to Charleston, but since I didn't even get into Atlanta until around 11:00, that plan was shot. The weather was great and the beach was beautiful. Stu and I drove into Charleston yesterday for some shopping and dining. If you are ever in the area, please go to Meritage on East Bay Street in downtown Chucktown. Best tapas ever. Mmmmmm.

Lu-sing Weight
The Dr.'s scales confirmed my scales: 6 more lbs down for a total of 17 lbs.

No comments: