Thursday, August 16, 2007

If You a Fly Gal, Get Your Nails Done, Get a Pedicure, Get Your Hair Did

Ok so , as you can tell by my lovely pic, I got my hair did last night. That's me and my foils baking under Martin's new drying lamps. Nothing drastic. Just the regular highlight, cut and eyebrows. Although, I will tell you that Martin struggled with the eyebrows because about 2 weeks ago, I decided it would be a good idea to trim them and took Stu's beard and mustache trimmers and put the guard down to about 2. I'm sure alot of you can see where this is going. Let's just say a 2 guard is a little too low for your eyebrows. You should keep that around a 4! Because my hair is so blonde and those hairs are so short, I have had to pencil in my left brow (thank goodness I noticed on the left one before I did the right, so only the left was affected by my "great" idea). Leave it to the professionals, Linds! PS - I think I do a great impersonation of a baked potato in that pic! Although Susan says I look more like I'm trying to impersonate Anna Nicole..."Trim shpah baybee!"

Well they haven't announced it officially at work, but no one from my office checks my blog, so I can tell you guys that I got a promotion yesterday!!! I start Monday and it's in my company's Long Term Care Sales Department. I found this lovely definition of long term care insurance for those who I haven't explained it to yet: "A health-insurance variation designed to cover the costs of long term care at home or in a nursing home." So, it's kind of like health insurance and kind of like life insurance. So my new job would be to help insurance agents who offer this to their clients. I would help them with client presentations, illustrations, running quotes, etc. I basically help them market their business. Hence "financial marketing". Any questions? There is a quiz at the end of this...

This weekend we are house sitting in south bumble, aka Tyrone, GA. Stu's brother, Brian, and his family are going to B'ham to visit Brook's (Brian's wife) family and celebrate little Bryce's 2nd birthday! Please notice the world's cutest picture ever featuring Mr. Birthday boy. I mean, he could be the kid from Jerry McGuire! And what did we get Bryce for his birthday? #1 - If you have talked to my husband in the past year, he would have told you about freaking Transformers. It has dominated my life since we first learned of this amazing movie project, which was sometime last fall! So what better gift for a 2 year old, then Optimash Prime. And no, that is not a Lindsey-inspired pun, thats what the box says! How cute is this? I kind of want one for myself. I wish they made Justin Tinfoil-lake (oh, thats bad...you know, like baked potatoes are wrapped in tinfoil? no?) Ok, so moving on..... #2 - Brian and Brook are more musically inclined than athletically inclined, so the fact that one of Bryce's favorite activities is going outside to throw the ball is so exciting for Stu, he's insisted we get him a UGA jersey! Unfortunately, the only come in #7 so let's just hope no one thinks he's reppin' The DogFather. Anyways, Bryce's daycare actually has "Jersey Days" and he can't be the only kid without a jersey! Toddlers represent!

Lu-sing Weight
Still nothing major. I am losing about .2 lbs a day so it's taking longer to report actual lbs. But at least it's still coming off, right?!

No comments: