Saturday, August 11, 2007

Rollin' (rollin') Rollin' Down a River


Definitely go and see Bourne Ultimatum. It's freaking awesome. And it has one of the sickest fight scenes I have ever seen in a movie. Wait - I say that like I see fight scenes on the street all the time and this one just happens to be the best movie fight. Scratch that - one of the sickest fight scenes I have ever seen period. Oh and one of the best car chases. Plus, Matt Damon is such a bad a--! And you don't have to deal with that foreign butterface, Franka Potente (aka chick from Run, Lola, Run)in this one cuz she peaced out in the Bourne Supremacy (woops, guess I should have put up a spoiler alert). Anyways, I give it 3 1/2 Slim Fasts!

The Light the Night kick off was good times. Laura came, along with my aunt and cousin Brooke (pictured). Of course, the old ball 'n' chain was present. He wouldn't miss an opportunity to play shoot 'em up video games! They gave us loaded game cards with about $20 on each so we were able to score about 420 tickets. Wanna know what that will get you at D&B's? A "Pull My Finger Farting Pen". Just what I was in the market for, really. It's a pen that is shaped like a finger and you can pull it apart and it lets out different fart noises as you do it. It's even flesh colored. Kudos to the 11 year olds that thought this up. Because the skin tone really completes the overall effect. But back to more serious things, like fighting cancer! I gave my speech and I was more nervous than I thought I would be, but overall it went well. Plus, I scored a Light The Night Team Craptain t-shirt! Nerd alert!!

Blue Ridge was also good times. The river tubing dealio was more fun than I anticipated. Except for the parts where it was too shallow and my butt was dragged along furry rocks (I think the fur was a moss/weeds mixture, either way, rocks shouldn't have more hair than my cats combined). The water temp was really cool which kept us from being too hot. It took 3 hours to go a mile, which put us at the lightning speed of 1/3 mph! Hold on to your water wings, kids! But my arms are sore today from the paddling back and forth and trying to steer clear of the rocks as much as possible. If you ever have the chance to do this, you should. It was such a fun ride and relaxing at the same time. I just wish we had another 6 inches to work with....that's what she said. Oh, I couldn't resist! I'm talking about the water level, you pervs!

Lu-sing Weight
I don't think this weekend went well. I ate a good bit at dinner because I had a Buckhead Beef Filet Mignon from Buck's (Jim and Connie's store). Buckhead Beef supplies all the steaks to the Buckhead Life Restaurants -- Nava, Chops, Buckhead Diner, etc). So it was a freaking good steak! Plus, we stopped by the shop itself and loaded up on designer peanut butters like Cinnamon Raisin Peanut Butter and White Chocolate Raspberry Peanut Butter! I mean does that sound good or what? Here is the website of the maker of this awesome stuff, but you can also get it from Buck's ;) PB Loco

No comments: