Monday, August 6, 2007

Things That Aren't in 'Hoodstock for $400, Alex


Volunteering on Friday was pretty fun. They all love me over there since I managed to raise over $10,000 3 months before the walk even happens. They even asked me to speak at the Team Captains Kick Off they are hosting this weekend. They want me to talk about online fundraising, which shouldn't be too difficult, considering I raised over $4,000 in 3 days just by sending out emails. But I can't help but feel like alot of that was because I asked so many people right after mom passed away. I'm anxious to see if I can raise this much again next year. That will be the true test of my fundraising super hero strength.

Wow, am I a Debbie Downer, or what this morning?! On a lighter note, I discovered that the Flying Biscuit opened another location right off of West Paces Ferry and Northside in Buckhead, so we don't have to drive all the way into the city to enjoy the yumminess that is The Flying Biscuit. For those of you that do not know of this tasty breakfast establishment, you soon will. I also found out that the owner's of the Moe's, Doc Green's and Shane's Rib Shack conglomeration (aka Raving Brands) purchased The Flying Biscuit in May 2007 and plan on opening 50 stores this year! So I can have my "Meggxican Wrap" closer to home. If they open one in the 'Hoodstock, that would make my year. But I've also heard rumors of a Maggiano's and a PF Chang's opening out here in the sticks for the past year and a half, so I'm not holding my breath...or stomach.

As for the rest of the weekend, I discovered my new favorite store: The Container Store. This place puts BB&B (or as my broseph-in-law calls it, Triple B) to shame in the "you-never-knew-you-needed-this" department, because you do actually need this stuff. Damn it! Their marketing ploy has worked it's magic on me! Anyways, I dropped almost a hundy in that place without blinking. And I could have spent more! Thank goodness there are only two ATL locations and both are at least 25 miles from my house, otherwise I'd spend too much there. I got drawer organizers, cabinet shelves, a stackable bin unit for my downstairs closet, an ironing board organizer (it goes over the door and holds your board and iron, it's not like I need my ironing board to be organized) and other nerdy items. Then I proceeded to dweeb out and organize pretty much my entire house. And I made a list of the many many items I have now convinced myself I can't live without. The big kicker is, I'm not even that much of an "organized" person. So if this place has that effect on me, imagine what it would do for someone who gives a crap most of the time!

Lu-sing Weight
14 lbs. down total! That's like sloughing off Nicole Richie! Well, she is preggers now so maybe I should save that comparison for 14.5 lbs. Here is a pic of her at 3 months. Just kidding. You can totally tell that was taken last week at 4 months. Total baby bump. Oh really? That's her intestines about to poke through her paper-thin, malnourished skin? Oh! My bad.

No comments: