Friday, August 3, 2007

Go Vols..no, not the hillbillies, the other kind

Ok so today I am volunteering at my local chapter for The Leukemia and Lymphoma Society. They need help stuffing mailers for the walk I am participating in this October in memory of my sweet mom, Kritter. Ohh. Stuffing mailers. I always knew my charity outreach programs would be so glamorous. And since my company gives us 5 extra days a year to do volunteer work, community service or mission work, I decided to put them to use stuffing some packages (hey oh!).

(Shameless Plug!)
To help me raise $11,000 in memory of my mom, visit my Light the Night Page. I'm at $10,450 and I'm so close. I think I heard some change jingling in your pocket, so throw it my way. Besides, its tax deductable so everybody wins ;)Wink wink, nudge nudge.

And now I am going to break out the old Soap Box this lovely Friday morn. Let's talk about Rihanna's song, Umbrella. Now, the song's pretty catchy, I'll admit it. I've found myself walking around singing those deep lyrics, "Ay, ay, ay, ay, ay, ay." I mean, that stuff's soul penetrating. How does she come up with this sheer poetry? She rivals Fergie with her lyricism. But she should take a page out of Fergie's "Tranny Guide To Being the Best Solo Artist" and throw some letters up in her songs. But, I digress.... On top of this Umbrella song that is played more than Gold Digger (wait, who are we kidding? That's impossible!) now they've introduced parodies of this song that they mix in with the real version. So what I want to know is, when did this become cool? I mean, "You can be my umbrella" doesn't make any sense. But neither does "Your girlfriend is a fella". Yeah, you heard me. I actually heard that on my way into work yesterday. On the radio. And of course this "hilarious" little tune replaced "ay, ay, ay" with "ew, ew, ew". Oh so clever. Another rendition I've heard is "You can be my Cinderella". Not terrible. But why is this necessary? I'm already over the song so there's no way I'm going to be "under" the parodies, if you catch my drift. Last time I checked Atlanta's New* #1 Hit Music Station wasn't an avenue for sketch comedy. Stick to your playlists and leave these songs alone!

Lu-Sing Weight
I've had a pretty good week so far. I've lost about 2 lbs this week so that's encouraging. Now it only looks like I've had three kids instead of fifty-leven. I'm inching further and further away from the mom jeans
* P to the S - this station has been claiming it's "new" since 1999!

No comments: